Monday, February 15, 2010

Parker... the Rude.

I need to get this little story down for posterity sake. Parker has been our breeze of a child, but as of this week it's like she's throwing down the gauntlet. Thank goodness Peyton is moving out of his defiant phase (the 3-year-long one). Parenting is ever an adventure -- and a WHOLE LOT of work.

A wise woman (aka Beth Faulker) once told Jeremy and I to just keep being consistent and we would see the fruit. After a few days turned into weeks morphing into months...you get the picture...it's been a tough road at times, but shes was absolutely right. We're seeing the fruit.

Here's to the adventure with kiddo numero dos. And for the record: we wouldn't change a single thing about either one-- not even the tough parts.

So tonight Parker was upset that I had moved her cup from the table to the counter so that I could clean up. She looked at me and said, "Don't ever do dat a'gin!" We promptly had a discussion about respect-- as she pulled hair in front of her eyes and said, "Don't look at me." After the talk, I asked her to say"yes ma'am " if she understood-- she shook her head no. I asked if she was ready to say it and she replied, "Not yet." I left the room to give her time to contemplate her choices. She called me back and said, "I ready say 'yes ma'am' and I'm sorry, mommy." Wow.

We're in it to win it. Go team Smith parents.

2 comments:

  1. Lololol, good stuff! Happy for y'all to be getting a handle on this early!
    But seriously, kids are always a work in progress, & it seems to me that y'all are doing a great job. It takes time (as you know), it takes commitment (as you know), & most importantly, it takes LOVE (as you KNOW)...
    Nothing wrong with this picture that I can see. She's just exerting her power (or at least testing it), & you've done the right thing there as well.
    Blessings,
    P

    ReplyDelete