Friday, May 7, 2010

Road Trip

I'm 2/3 of the way into our big move to the huge metropolis of Lindale, TX. It's pretty much the southern equivalent of Lafayette-- only add lakes, wild boar, scorpions, fire ants, and subtract our close friends and family. 1 out of 5 ain't bad, right? I mean, who doesn't love wild boar?

In all honesty, the 10 hour van ride down with the kiddos went swimmingly. They were polite and joyful the entire day. We stopped at a rest stop for lunch and ate at a picnic table with an adorable 80-year-old woman. It was a joy. When we stopped the next time, Peyton and Parker just kept hugging each other. I mean, really? If you have any doubts about the power of prayer, yesterday was PROOF. (Let's not discuss this morning.) Moving right along...

Peyton and Parker are visiting the Little Rock zoo today with Grammy and Poppy while I get to soak up some alone time. If I weren't in the armpit of the United States, that might just be delightful. BUT rather than sipping a steaming raspberry mocha and sinking down into a couch at Panera, I'm sitting Indian-style in the drivers seat of my van, in the parking lot of Rally's pirating WiFi from the KFC next door. And no, I'm not stealing it for real. I bought my drink from there, so I'm gravy folks. Pine Bluff, AR is a doozy.

Isn't "doozy" a weird word? I'm not entirely comfortable with it. But I'll let it stay-- this time.

Hmm...

Our Internet will be up and running at the new house on Tuesday evening. I'll post pictures then! *Really* Stay-tuned. I promised to bring you on the adventure and right now the adventure is at a Rally's parking lot, but tomorrow it will be in TEXAS! That part will be more fun. Lots to explore. Lots to talk about. Lots to see.

(wink...see ya soon!)


PS We couldn't fit all of our stuff in the moving truck even AFTER selling half of our stuff. Don't you love those little curve-balls. We'll get it sooner or later. *shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment