Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Biting my lip


Biting Lips...
(Photo Credit)
Nope, I'm not trying to keep quiet about something that I really want to spill on. (Well, maybe I am, but that's beside the point.)

Seriously, I'm talking about BITING MY LIP. The painful, cant-stop-chewing-the-inside-of-my-lip style "biting my lip." Ouch.

Ever since I was a little girl, if I was worried or stressed out by something that I didn't even realize, I would start subliminally chewing away. I don't realize that I'm doing it-- until it hurts. By then I can't stop myself. But once the stress withers away, the gnawing resides. I'd like to stop chewing on my mouth soon, so you get the picture, right? Prayers appreciated.

6 Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.7 Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. 8 Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious-the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse.9 Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.  Philippians 4:6-9



No comments:

Post a Comment