Thursday, August 4, 2011

Peace {Day 24}

Tree vs. Fields
(photo credit)

I wish that I knew a magic formula.
A step-by-step tutorial on how to fall into the arms of Peace.
I don't.

But somewhere, in the midst of unrest and throughout a barrage of stress, worry and fear that life throws at us to determine just how nimble our faith is...

There it lies.

Peace.

Tangled hair with a silky blanket halo.

Determined and focused, a momentary interruption and a wink from across the room.

Ivory screen with ebony words encouraging and honest and perfect.

Strong arms embracing a blemished soul.

Red letters that adhere to my heart.


...and Peace overwhelms my living, breathing, everyday world. A cloister in the eye of frenetic days.

He is. I am.

At Peace.

2 comments:

  1. I read them all, I never comment, but here I am...

    I LOVE THIS POST!!!

    Peace is my tag-line, my go-to, my defining word. I "get" peace!
    It makes me relax and makes my heart open up & smile... and be at peace.

    You have SUCH a beautiful way with words, I think this every time I read anything you post. Having said that:

    THIS IS A KEEPER!! MY VERY FAVORITE!!

    Kudos!!

    Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such dear kind words, Indeed, "ebony words encouraging and honest and perfect." They are honey to my heart.

    ReplyDelete