Monday, August 1, 2011

"Crosby Hoots" Baby Quilt {Day 21}

This little quilt...ahh, I sure do love her.

I purchased two of Moda's "It's a Hoot" charm packs from The Fat Quarter Shop a few months ago. These adorable little squares have been patiently waiting the perfect project to come along. Enter, baby Crosby. My sister-in-law is due with her first girl in September, so I couldn't think of any better handmade gift than a "Crosby Hoots" baby quilt.

Here it begins:


Top is pieced

I thought that white just wouldn't quite do the trick to highlight these lovely squares, so I picked out a natural unbleached cotton.

Thanks to input from a few FB friends, I decided to do both concentric squares and stitch-the-ditch quilting. I love the final effect.










Such a soft, snugly baby quilt. It was love for sure-- and a great "first quilt" experience. I'm in for more!

Thankfully, I still have one more charm pack left. I think I might just make another one and put it on Etsy. I'll let you know if/when I ever actually do get my Etsy store up and running. I've only been talking about it for over a year now.

*shrug*

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. It is absolutely beautiful! Great job for your first one! I hope baby Crosby loves it!

    ReplyDelete