Saturday, July 9, 2011

Taking the Challenge {Day 1}

This all-or-nothing, black-or-white paradigm that I entertain is obnoxiously limiting.

I mentioned my inability to blog when my "blog space" isn't up to par in a Facebook status about a week ago. My friend, Lindsay, replied that basically I should make a 30 day commitment to blogging. Then, when that commitment was finished, I could look at the themes that poured out of my heart most often. While I'm not exactly looking for a theme or POV, I am looking for the freedom share my voice. And no one can hear you when you don't speak, right?

The "shades of gray" are where we grapple with the tension. And it's the those blurred dusky hues that keep me from saying anything at all.

But not this month. I'm taking the challenge. 30 days of blogging it is. Rain or shine... I'm in.

Thanks, Linds!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to read your precious thoughts and see a bit more of your treasured heart. ((love))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should do this too... Was just thinking how much I miss blogging. I'm also an all or nothing kinda gal. Hmm.... Too tired to think straight right now. Will ponder this tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I just read your whole blog. (Backwards, of course,that's why you now have a comment from me on your first post.)
    I feel like I know you better. Thanks for being brave and sharing your heart.
    You are lovely.
    Sincerely,
    Katie K (aka, Anna's mom)

    ReplyDelete